Name and Seat
The association’s name is “WOW-EFFECT Theater”, abbreviated as WE and stationed in Nijmegen, Gelderland, the Netherlands.
- The association’s aim is the practice of non-professional theatre in the broadest sense, the dramatic expression and skills involved with producing a theatrical production.
- Furthermore, the association aims to connect non-Dutch people of Nijmegen and surroundings with each other and Dutch people.
- The guild tries to accomplish this goal by
- Creating opportunities of practicing theatre on an amateur level;
- The staging of plays;
- Promoting the participation of its members in these projects;
- Offering a safe space for non-locals and locals to connect.
- The association consists of members that can be active or inactive in the weekly activities that lead to a new stage play.
- The board shall keep a register containing the names and addresses of the members.
- Members are required to
- Adhere to the regulations
- Pay the contribution, the amount of which is determined by the General Assembly
- Membership is possible in two ways:
- Active member: Member who is involved in the current production. Can have only acting, only production and behind the scenes, or a mixture of responsibilities.
- Silent member: A previously active member who is not involved in the current project
- Members take on these responsibilities on a volunteer basis and without any obligation, and they carry out these to the best of their abilities.
- Unless cancelled, a membership continues indefinitely.
- Members receive benefits:
- Buy or reserve tickets with priority (and therefore benefit from early discounts, if applicable)
- Silent members may reserve up to 3 free seats per performance
- Free promotional items (i.e. stickers, buttons)
- Free marketing material at the end of a production (take home posters, flyers, programs…)
- Members may not request financial compensation for the work they carry out as part of the association’s activates, however they may request reimbursement of any earlier negotiated expenses that incur on behalf on the association.
Admission and Contribution
- To become a member of the association one should contact the association via one possible channel (website, Facebook…). The association will contact interested parties as soon as possible, and inform them whether the association is recruiting new members at that point.
- Before becoming a member, interested parties have to fill in a form that states their name and address. This information will be kept on file during the individual’s membership.
- The theatre season starts on 1st of September and runs until 31st of August.
- Everyone who is a member on 1st of September, or becomes a member within a respective season, has to pay contribution for that whole season. Therefore, members who wish to cancel their membership for an upcoming season must to do so before the end of the current season.
- If voted on by the board, the duration of the obligation to pay contribution can be shortened or an amount waived for individuals with special conditions (for example refugees without funding, extra members accepted mid-season or members who had to cancel their membership early in the season).
- Contribution starts at €10 per month. Members can choose to pay more to support WOW-EFFECT Theater.
- Members can opt for paying the contribution in monthly, yearly or quarterly instalments.
- The payable amount is the same for all members, no matter their function or involvement.
- If voted on by the board during a meeting, this contribution can be a smaller amount.
- Payment is handled via automatic incasso (the contribution will be subtracted from your account automatically each month).
- Should a member not pay on time, biweekly reminders will be issued. These come with a flat fine of 1€ per reminder.
- Should the member not pay a contribution after two months of being in debt to WOW-EFFECT Theater, WE will hand their case to an incasso service and the member will have to pay the costs of this action.
Cancelling the Membership
- The membership ends
- By termination by the member;
- By expulsion by the Board for non-payment;
- By cancellation by the General Assembly;
- Termination of the membership by the members should be at least one month before the actual termination of the membership. The termination has to be done in writing and be handed to the board.
- Cancellation by General Assembly is proposed by the Board. It can be pronounced when a member acts contrary to the regulations, rules set up by the producer/director regarding the current production or harms the association unreasonably.
- The decision of cancellation by the General Assembly will be active by a majority of two/third of valid votes and after the person concerned has failed to defend themselves.
- The board consists of minimum three members who appoint a President, Secretary and Treasurer from among themselves.
- The board is appointed by the General Assembly.
- The duty period of a Board member lasts until the member resigns. It is also possible for WE members to request a re-election / change in the Board, preferably by the end of a project and before the new season begins.
- To replace a member of the board before the season is over a vote of two/thirds is necessary by the General Assembly.
- All members of the board are entitled to resign, provided that this is done in writing, ideally with a notice period of two months.
- The board is charged with managing the association.
- The board represents the association in and out of court.
- The board can be represented by a designated representative.
- Within two months after the end of the season Annual Meeting will take place.
- During this meeting the board must present the annual report, including the financial management and status of the association.
- If the members wish, a committee of members not on the board will review the annual report.
- A second form of General Assembly (hereafter: weekly assembly) takes place if needed. This weekly assembly includes all members, but needs a minimum of two/thirds of all members. Matters the board needs voting on may be discussed during these meetings.
- When decided appropriate by the board, a voting that would normally take place during a weekly assembly may be carried out via digital platforms (i.e. email). Board shall notify all members about such an occurrence and allow minimum of 1 week for any questions or requests before the voting has to take place. Board shall take any reasonable precautions to keep votes confidential.
- Members can request a General Assembly outside of the normal rehearsal schedule. In such a case the board has to organize such a meeting within three weeks.
- Disputes regarding the interpretation or application of the regulations and internal rules are decided by the Board.
Changing of the Regulations
- Changes in these articles may be applied only when the decision to do so was passed with a vote of two/thirds during a General Assembly.
- In case the regulations get changed each member will be individually notified of this change.
Dissolving the association
- The association may be dissolved by the General Assembly. A full member vote is necessary.
- Upon dissolution the funds (all already liquid and liquefied assets of WE) of the association will be donated towards a cause voted on by the General Assembly.
- If the association carries any debts these debts will be shared by the remaining members and filled before dissolving the association.