Character Wackyparse – Melissa Craggs
We interviewed the cast of The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. What we didn’t tell our interviewees, was what kind of questions we would ask them. So here is a perfectly correct representation of Melissa. Enjoy!
1. What did you want to become when you were a kid?
Winner of an Oscar or a Nobel Prize in medicine.
2. If you could learn 1 language instantly, which one would it be?
Mandarin is supposed to be the most difficult. So if I could just have an instant language download to my brain, I’d go for Mandarin.
3. How prepared are you for a zombie apocalypse?
Oh, I’m prepared all right! I have a go bag at home with a machete, a fire starter, a blanket and water purification tablets. I even have copies of me and my family’s passports laminated. I am ready to make it to Swiss Alps on foot. Not joking. I have been working on my slingshot skills too. It’s mostly for squirrels and such but can help me take out those dam zombies too.
4. What would your power be if you were a superhero? Why?
It would be mind reading because I am good at reading people, I think.
5. Who would you most likely drunk dial and what would you say to them?
An “I luv uuuuuuuuuuu” goes to my best friend Jess in Australia.
6. What is your favourite Dutch word and why?
Swaffelen. No explanation. Google it.
7. Have you ever had herring – Dutch style?
A firm no. I have only come around to bitter ballen. So don’t even be coming to my place with a herring, I’d be like “get outta here!”
8. What’s your final meal before your death penalty?
There is a restaurant in Shanghai, the number one in the world, with the number one chef. So a specialty from him please!
9. If I gave you 3K euro now, what would you do with it?
I’d renovate my laundry room.
10. Do you hold any records?
Yes! I had the world record in Power Weightlifting, when I was 12-13. No idea how many 12 year-old girls do this weightlifting though.
11. Which century would you go to for a visit? And to live the rest of your life in?
1000 years in the future for both scenarios. Because there is no part of history I wanna live in, so I gotta hope the best for the future. And 1000 years sound like a nice number, long way in future.
12. Are you a black horse or a white horse?
I’m a zebra – I have a connective tissue disease and the symbol of it is a zebra.
Written by Tulya Kavaklioglu.