Character Wackyparse – Jasmijn Wellner
We interviewed the cast of The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. What we didn’t tell our interviewees, was what kind of questions we would ask them. So here is a perfectly correct representation of Jasmijn. Enjoy!
1. What is your favourite Dutch word?
Eigenaardig (which means peculiar), because it’s parts eigen (own) and aardig (nice) have very different meanings. In that sense the word describes itself.
2. If you had to sacrifice one of your fingers, which one would it be?
The right ring finger. I’m left handed, so that would be the least loss. All other fingers have more purpose.
3. In a fight, would you choose to have 10 000 rats or 50 eagles on your side? (The one you don’t choose will be against you)
The rats. They can form a giant pile, fall over and bury the eagles.
4. How would you describe how water looks to someone blind?
You can see what’s behind, but the more water you have, the less you can see through it.
5. Describe WE in 3 words.
Everybody always naked.
6. You get to lead the world for a day, what’s the first thing you do?
Give access to food and medical care to everybody. Fulfilling the responsibility that comes with ruling the world.
7. Name 3 vegetables that will be the only vegetables you ever get to eat again.
Bell pepper, tomatoes and pineapples.
8. Which century would you go to for a visit? (And if you had to stay there to live the rest of your life, would it then be the same century or a different one?)
The prehistoric times, that is before any human records. I would like to know how it actually looked like. I would definitely not stay there.
9. Do you crumple or fold your toilet paper?
I fold it of course. Crumpling is not effective.
10. September 18th is International Talk Like A Pirate Day. How will you participate?
I would tell my favourite pirate joke. What is a pirate’s favourite letter? [Interviewer replies “R”.] You would likely think that. But every pirate’s first love is the C.
12. Are you a black horse or a white horse?
A white horse. I’m night blind. If I’d be a black horse, I wouldn’t see myself in the dark. I think it helps to know where you are, when it’s night, for example.
Written by Stefan Riegl.