Character Wackyparse – Carmen Vazquez
We interviewed the cast of The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. What we didn’t tell our interviewees, was what kind of questions we would ask them. So here is a perfectly correct representation of Carmen. Enjoy!
1. What did you want to become when you were a kid?
2. How prepared are you for a zombie apocalypse?
Like minus 10. I mean, I have like a few cans in the pantry, but no weapons- zero training. Think I’ll be like, zombie number 3.
3. Which Disney hero character would you be?
My instinct says Hercules, cause he’s ridiculous. I feel like I don’t trust myself to be a hero, it needs to be something funny.
4. What about Disney villain?
Ursula. Cause the little mermaid was dumb.
5. How much did your parents want to have you?
They didn’t. But I’m not the worst case in my family. My mom got depressed when she was pregnant with my older sister, but she got better once the baby popped out. She has six children of which two have been planned. Guess she wasn’t very careful with contraception…
6. How would you describe what water looks like to someone who’s always been blind?
Probably I would say… when it’s in a glass you can easily see it in there. But when it’s on a surface you will easily mix the color of the water with the surface – and the deeper the surface, the bluer the water will seem.
7. What is your favorite Dutch word?
8. And how would you describe Dutch food?
As everyone else’s. Then take away the spices. Also, quite healthy and balanced, I’ll give them that.
9. If you got to choose one public holiday to be banned everywhere, which one would go?
Easter could be made into a spring holiday. Around the world people celebrate a Christian holiday, weird. There are enough other people to commemorate, scientists, engineers…
10. Should there be a wall between Mexico and US?
…No. Don’t think I can even find a funny point to make here. If there’s a wall though, big enough holes in it so that nature can move freely through it, mammals and stuff, including humans.
11. What’s a movie that you liked as a child and still like?
Dirty Dancing (still watch it).
12. Are you a black horse or a white horse?
I think I’m a white horse- but I say that with regret.
Written by Alexandra Granberg.